Saturday, January 24, 2009

BEYONCE VS. CIARA- "DIVA" SONG HYPE

Damn it! Lol! Please tell me yall have heard about this crazy beef between Beyonce and Ciara. Or should I say between Beyonce FANS AND Ciara FANS! First of all, let me say that this controversy was probably planned to help Ciara's upcoming album. It's like a "50 Cent Vs. Kanye" stunt. And we all know Ciara and 50 are dating so he probably gave her the business advice to do the remix of Beyonce's "Diva" song. I can understand the drama behind it because we rarely see R&B artist do a mixed tape (Ciara's Fantasy Ride mix tape which should be out soon). Its pretty common amongst rap artists but not R&B artists. But anyway, my personal opinion is that Beyonce's version is the best and I'm ashamed of Ciara for coming out with a "bad remix" of the song. I could care less about her doing the song over. But if you are going to do a dope song over please make it better not worse. Damn! Lol. I was reading comments people posted about Ciara copying and shit, and I think its ridiculous. I mean come on, Beyonce didn't write the song, and she definitely didn't cook up the beat. So her contributions were singing the shit out the lyrics with so much swagg and making a dope ass video! Which is a lot of work but she doesn't take all the credit for the song. Whoever wrote the lyrics and made that beat is genius! But to join the dramatic fans- when I first heard Beyonce's DIVA song the first thing I thought was she was copping Ciara's style- the video, her actions and everything and even the way she was singing. And when listening to the words I was like damn Beyonce is referring to somebody...maybe its Ciara. And then when I seen Beyonce put fire to "her clones" in the back of that car (I wish I could post the video but you can't for copyright reason or something) I really assumed she was saying all music artists are trying to be like her. This was before I even knew Ciara did a remix. I went onto Ciara's myspace page and notice "DIVA REMIX" on her music player and I was like oh my gosh...Ciara must of responded to Beyonce. Lol. Ciara talking about "a lotta people talkin ish but i don't really give a ish" lmao! If this is staged or not- its very interesting to me! What about you? Check out both versions below! And you can get the full version of Ciara's version on her myspace page.






BEYONCE



VS




CIARA

No comments: