Monday, December 8, 2008

NEW FLAVA FOR YA EARS: Janelle Monáe






I was looking through one of my old Vogue magazines and ran across this article on this flyy girl named, Janelle Monáe...have yall heard of her? I don't know much about her but when I saw the article I couldn't ignore her unique style. The article is actually from a past issue...hold on let me see the date of it...oh, ok its from the August issue. I found her on myspace too, and her music is pretty good. You should check her out. So the scoop on her is that she moved to ATL to pursue her singing career. She became very popular and people were talking about her like crazy. And from her myspace page, Diddy hit her up. She didn't believe it was actually Diddy contacting her so she ignored him for a minute. Finally she took it seriously- met up with him and he signed her just like that. I also read that he has given her total creative control! That is a blessing for an up and coming artist, right? We all know usually you have to do what the label tells you to get your foot in the door. She must of had other offers else where- so total creative control must of sealed the deal for her. Can you actually see Diddy giving up his control...omg! I can't! But anyway, I've also attached a video for your viewing pleasure! Enjoy...and Monae has decided to release her material in suites: a group of about five-to-seven songs that come out every four months or so. Metropolis: The Chase Suite is the first of four suites in the Metropolis series- put it on your Christmas list!





No comments: