Sunday, December 7, 2008

GEEK FACE





It looks like the “geek” trend isn’t going anywhere any time soon. How long is a trend a trend anyway? Seriously, Kanye has been rocking this trend for quite some time. I thought it would fade away, but I guess I was wrong. It was all over the runway-for example, Michael Kors! Even Jay-Z is sporting this “trend”. What do you think of his new “Kanye inspired look”? Who would of thought looking like a geek was cool? I mean its called a “geek look” because there is a stereotype that people who wear glasses are usually “geeks”- which isn’t a compliment. I think this trend started when these big time eye glass companies started having high profile advertisements- with popular models and celebrities wearing their brand. Let’s face it, when we see celebrities rocking something a little outrageous we are more open to it (whatever that trend may be). And they also have a retro feel to them- and we all know anything retro is so in right now! I honestly like the trend as well- wearing them makes a bold statement and if you can actually pull it off you know you are fashionista !

No comments: